The SOFEI Group is excited to host its first C1B1 Summit on Saturday, September 30, 2023, from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm at the Harborside Hotel in Oxon Hill, Maryland. The event's goal is to decrease the ambition gap among women and girls of color by showcasing the contribution women of color make in creating an equitable culture in their place of work, business, community, and society. This year's theme is "Bridging Business and Career Excellence among Women and Girls of Color."
What to Expect?
Marian Wright Edelman states, "You Can't Be What You Can't See." Attendees can expect to be informed and inspired by intriguing and powerful conversations led by women of color panelists that represent excellence in academia, business, and corporate America. Following are topics that will be discussed during the summit:
- Black Feminity: Humanizing Our Experiences
- Black Polity: Building Solidarity & Mobilizing Justice
- Black Womenomics: Transforming the Uninvested
- Non-Conformist: Building Businesses & Careers on Our Terms
- Loving the Skin I'm In: Self Actualization & Self Love
Who Should Attend?
Women and girls of color who want to create positive change in their personal lives, careers, businesses, finances, and communities.
- 8:00 am - Check-in & Continental Breakfast
- 8:45 am - Event Welcome
- 9:00 am - Black Femininity: Colorism, Sexism, & Genderism
- 9:50 am - Business & Careers Panelists
- 10:45 am - Women & Investing Panelists
- 10:45 am - Break
- 11:00 am - Women & Politics Panelists
- 11:50 am - Health & Wellness Panelists
- 12:45 pm - Lunch & Keynote Speaker
- 1:45 pm - Closing Remarks
C1B1 Summit Panelists
This year's panelists represent experiences and fearlessness in:
- Advancing and elevating women's voices in corporate spaces
- Organizing and building solidarity to mobilize justice on community, local, and federal levels
- Building non-traditional careers and businesses
- Creating Sustainable, Generational, and Legacy Wealth
- Authentic Living
- Carol Sanders
- Alston & Bird
- Empact Ministries, Inc.
- Mortgage One Financial