The SOFEI Group is excited to host its first C1B1 Summit on Saturday, September 24, 2022, from 8:30 am - 1:30 pm at the Harborside Hotel in Oxon Hill, Maryland. The event's goal is to decrease the ambition gap among women and girls of color by showcasing the contribution women of color make in creating an equitable culture in their place of work, business, community, and society. This year's theme is "Bridging Business and Career Excellence among Women and Girls of Color."
What to Expect?
Marian Wright Edelman states, "You Can't Be What You Can't See." Attendees can expect to be informed and inspired by intriguing and powerful conversations led by women of color panelists that represent excellence in academia, business, and corporate America. Following are topics that will be discussed during the summit:
- Business Development, Expansion, and Sustainability
- Financial Literacy & Wealth Building
- Self-Advocacy - Know Your Rights
- Breaking & Overcoming Achievement Barriers
- Authenticity & The Imposture Syndrome
- Facts vs Feelings: Effective Communication Skills
- Life Transformation & Elevation
Who Should Attend?
Women and girls of color who desire inspiration and role models to emulate for educational, business, economic, or corporate success.
- 8:30 am - Check-in & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am - Event Welcome
- 9:15 am - Women in Technology
- 9:50 am - Women in Business Panelist
- 10:25 am - Women in Finance Panelist
- 11:00 am - Women in Law & Justice
- 11:35 am - Health & Wellness Panelists
- 12:15 pm - Break
- 12:30 pm - Lunch & Guest Speaker
- 1:00 pm - Networking
- 1:30 pm - Closing Remarks & Adjournment
C1B1 Summit Panelists
This year's panelists represent excellence in business (e.g., Harris & Harris Wealth Management, Business Management & Associates, Divine Empowerment, Learning Through Change, and Zane Networks), corporations (AARP and Navy Federal Credit Union), and nonprofit organizations.