Ambassadors for Economic Independence (AFEI) Overview
The AFEI Giving Circle has seven committees headed by an approved chair. Each chair is responsible for scheduling and conducting meetings to ensure all committee members are honoring the goals and objectives established by each committee and the AFEI circle. Committee chairs are also responsible for submitting meeting minutes to the Membership Relations staff.
- Membership - Assist with recruiting diversified and committed giving circle members that have a strong connection to the community and a passion to lift low-income families headed by women out of the cycle of poverty.
- Grant - Establishes grant criteria and makes recommendation for prospective grantees.
- Evaluation & Impact - Reviews and evaluates individual and community impact and evaluation methods for each grantee.
- Public Relations - Develop marketing and communication strategies to increase the AFEI visibility in the community and for the AFEI giving circle ‘celebrity’ ambassador.
- Finance - Finance committee keeps accurate records of all funds associated with the giving circle and will provide a report to giving circle members every quarter or per their request. And, the committee will make reports available to the general public when requested.
- Education Committee - Coordinates training that address women and philanthropy and the importance of social investing for issues relating to women and girls for all giving circle members.
- Event Committee – Chair - Coordinate events to increase the visibility and membership of the giving circle such as venue location, event sponsorship, entertainment, event registration, event mailings, and greeting guests.
AFEI Staff Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversees the membership and education committees
- Assist Development Manager with giving circle management
- Liaison to AFEI Members
- Manage AFEI Membership Database
- Manage grantee database
- Analyze and generate reports of membership status
- Designs materials that represents the purpose of the giving circle
- Oversees grant, public relations, event, and evaluation and impact committees
- Strategic planning for growth and sustainability of the AFEI giving circle
- Plan, develop, and implement criteria for membership participation
- Assists with recruitment of giving circle members
- Conducts business and community outreach
- Manage giving circle’s finances and the work of Membership Relations
- Manage grant designations
- Attends and represents the president in her absence of all committee meetings
Chief Empowerment Officer
- Oversees the finance and grant committees
- Oversees all giving circle activities and grant designations
- Meet with all committee chairs four times per year
- Serves as the liaison of all giving circle committees and The SOFEI Group’s board
- Provides administrative support to all giving circle committees and staff (e.g., correspondence development, mass mailings, meeting coordination assistance, and event coordination support).
Ambassadors for Economic Independence™ is the trademark name of The SOFEI Group, Inc.
All Rights reserved.